If my sister had a list of most-used recipes, this would be one of them! She will always make this for breakfast if there’s a group of people around. The key is the challah bread, or “holla-holla bread,” as we like to say.
– ½ cup milk
– 2 eggs
– 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
– ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 4 challah bread slices (1 inch thick)
1. Whisk together milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and melt 1 tablespoon of butter.
3. Dip bread in egg mixture, coating both sides.
4. Arrange bread on skillet and cook until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes on each side.