I originally saw this recipe on supermodel Chrissy Teigen’s blog – she is gorgeous, hilarious, and a big foodie. She is working on a cookbook that she’s writing with her mom, and I am so excited for it to come out (whenever that is)! However, I can no longer find this recipe on her blog. Maybe it’s not worthy enough for her blogspace anymore?!
I’ve probably made this recipe at least 20 times, but I still cannot figure out how to properly make hard boiled eggs so that they are easy to peel. I know I’m supposed to cover the eggs with water until it boils, then set aside for 15ish minutes, and then place the eggs into ice cold water. But every time I start to peel the eggs, it’s a mystery on if they’ll be nice to me or not.
However, once the eggs are out of their shells, this recipe is super easy to make. If I’m home for the week, I’ll make a batch of these on Sunday night and eat 2 halves every day for breakfast (in addition to other things). Obviously in the pictures I have made a little more than in the recipe below.
– 4 peeled hard-cooked large eggs
– 3 tbs. mayo
– ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
– 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
– 2 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
– Hot sauce, to taste
– Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
– Paprika for garnish
1. Slice the eggs in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks, transfer them to a small bowl, and mash them with the back of a spoon.
2. Add the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, the parsley and hot sauce. Mash until smooth.
3. Stir in the chopped/cooked bacon and season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Fill the egg whites (I use a ziploc bag and cut off a corner). Sprinkle with little pinches of paprika — smoked paprika if you can find it!