My sister’s chicken and broccoli recipe is what got me through college! This dish is so easy to make and kept me from eating some of the other crap you eat while you’re in college.
– 1 chicken breast
– 1 head broccoli, separated into small florets
– 8 mushrooms, sliced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– ¼ cup soy sauce
– 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
– 1 tablespoon cornstarch
– 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
1. Mix the soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch, and vinegar together in a small bowl.
2. Slice the chicken breast into small pieces and pour half of the soy sauce mixture onto the chicken to marinate.
3. Heat a nonstick skillet to medium-high heat and coat with vegetable oil. Add garlic to the pan, then add the chicken.
4. Stir constantly just until the chicken is not pink. Do not overcook. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. Coat the same pan with vegetable oil and add broccoli and mushrooms. Cook, adding water if necessary, until done.
6. Add the chicken back to the pan and stir. Add the remaining soy sauce mixture and stir to allow the sauce to thicken.