A couple weeks ago, my parents and I went to Bonefish Grill for dinner. We went on a Wednesday, which they call “Bang Wednesdays” since their Bang Bang Shrimp appetizer is only $5. The place was packed and I saw several people eating the Bang Bang Shrimp as their meal! So I was pretty excited when I found this recipe on Pinterest a couple days after our visit.
On their menu, Bang Bang Shrimp is described as “crispy, tossed in a crispy, spicy sauce.” It was pretty easy to make and tasted just like the original!
– 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
– vegetable oil for frying
For the sauce:
– 1/2 cup mayonnaise
– 3 tsp Sriracha sauce
– 1 tsp granulated sugar
– 1 tsp rice vinegar
For the egg mixture:
– 1 egg
– 1 cup milk
For the breading mixture:
– 1/2 cup flour
– 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
– 1 tsp salt
– 1/2 tsp pepper
– 1/4 tsp onion powder
– 1/4 tsp garlic powder
– 1/4 tsp dried basil
1. Combine the breading mixture ingredients together, set aside.
2. Combine the egg and milk together, set aside.
3. Bread the shrimp: coat each shrimp with the breading mixture, dip the breaded shrimp into the egg and milk, then coat it with the breading mixture again.
4. Refrigerate the shrimp for at least 20 minutes, which will help the breading stick onto the shrimp when frying.
5. Heat enough vegetable oil needed to fry, and when it is hot enough fry the shrimp for 2 or 3 minutes until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
6. Mix all the ingredients for the sauce together, set aside.
7. Cover the shrimp in the desired amount of sauce and mix to coat.