I found this recipe on Pinterest! Pinterest is awesome if you waste a lot of time just looking at things on the internet, like I do. I pretty much followed the recipe exactly, but instead of using one jalapeno, I used a can of diced jalapenos. This turned out to be a good idea; on the first taste it wasn’t spicy at all, so then I added another tbsp of jalapeno juice – a trick I learned in high school from stirring nacho cheese at LSU football games! This would be awesome if you have one of those tiny crockpots meant for keeping dip warm, and also a lot of friends… it’s not fun eating a pound of melted cheese by yourself.
– half an onion, finely diced
– 2 tbsp diced jalepenos (add a lot more if you like it spicy)
– 12 oz. white American cheese
– 4 oz. Monterey Jack cheese
– 1 Roma tomato, finely diced
– 1/4 to 2/3 cup milk
– 2 tbsp cilantro, minced
1. Heat canola oil on medium-high heat in a nonstick saucepan, then add the onions and jalapenos. Stir and cook for about 5 minutes.
2. Add the cheeses with 1/4 cup milk; stir until it’s completely melted.
3. Mix in the tomato and cilantro; whisk in more milk until you get your desired consistency.