We had a lot of leftover ham from Christmas, so I was excited when I found this recipe for ham, potato, and kale soup. We had everything except the kale. I went to two different grocery stores before finding it at Whole Foods… and then I found out that they have it at the Neighborhood Market Walmart close to my house. I guess I’ll know for next time!
– 64 oz. chicken stock
– 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
– 2 celery stalks, chopped
– 2 carrots, chopped
– 4 garlic cloves, chopped
– 2 potatoes, skinned and diced
– 1 bunch kale, thinly sliced (without the ribs)
– parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Saute the onion until translucent, then add the celery, carrots, and garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
2. Add the potato, ham, and chicken stock; bring to a boil and then simmer for about 20 minutes.
3. Add the kale and stir; cook for a minute or two until the kale wilts. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with parmesan cheese if desired.